Continuous Improvement Manager
Reporting to the General Manager, the Continuous Improvement Manager has the main responsibility of carrying out mandates and managing the daily activities of his unit in order to guarantee the implementation of projects that will generate measurable and lasting efficiency gains. The continuous improvement service is recognized as a partner by excellence for other units of the company that want to open up to improve their efficiency and the quality of their decision-making.
Management and leadership
- Develop the objectives of the department in relation to those of the company and put in place an action plan to achieve them;
- Lead and manage a continuous improvement team in the planning, development, coordination, support and execution of long-term and short-term projects for effective and sustainable cost reduction initiatives.
- Provide advice and share best practices to the continuous improvement team
- Ensure that priorities, rules and procedures are followed by the continuous improvement team;
- Assess and implement the appropriate methodologies and procedures to ensure the integrity of our continuous improvement processes and results.
- Monitor existing processes to make sure they continue to perform at optimal levels of efficiency;
- Participate in the annual budget process by establishing the necessary means and resources of the Quality control department to achieve the established objectives;
- Manage and monitor the department budget while ensuring the achievement of objectives;
- Contribute, apply and promote human resource and labor relations strategies; including policies, procedures, training programs and skills development of department staff;
- Minimum 12 years of experience in a similar role
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering
- PMP Certification
- Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt
- Demonstrated experience in business process improvement (e.g., Lean, Six Sigma, continuous improvement)
- Professional knowledge in Excel (complex Excel formulas, dynamic tables, etc.)
- Bilingual (French / English)
To be discussed