Continuous Improvement Manager
Reporting to the General Manager, the Continuous Improvement Manager has the main responsibility of carrying out mandates and managing the daily activities of his unit in order to guarantee the implementation of projects that will generate measurable and lasting efficiency gains. The continuous improvement service is recognized as a partner by excellence for other units of the company that want to open up to improve their efficiency and the quality of their decision-making.
Management and leadership
- Develop the objectives of the department in relation to those of the company and put in place an action plan to achieve them;
- Coordinate, guide and manage a continuous improvement team in the planning, development, coordination, support and execution of long-term and short-term projects for effective and sustainable cost reduction initiatives.
- Act as a resource person to advise team members on tools and techniques for continuous improvement, change management and project management.;
- Develop, improve and update the tools, templates, models and standard processes used by all team members and ensure their use;
- Manage the mandates granted to external firms (consultants). i.e. validating the charter-mandates, questioning the implementation approaches proposed by the consultants, controlling the quality of the deliverables as well as the respect of deadlines and budget;
- Monitor existing processes to ensure they continue to operate at optimal efficiency levels;
- Participate in the annual budget process by establishing the necessary means and resources of the Quality control department to achieve the established objectives;
- Contribute, apply and promote human resource and labor relations strategies; including policies, procedures, training programs and skills development of department staff.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a similar role
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering
- PMP Certification
- Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt
- Demonstrated experience in business process improvement (e.g., Lean, Six Sigma, continuous improvement)
- Professional knowledge in Excel (complex Excel formulas, dynamic tables, etc.)
- Bilingual (French / English)
To be discussed