Under the supervision of the operations manager, the production planner is responsible for planning the complete production cycle. His role includes analyzing the material and labor requirements, as well as estimating the costs associated with the various projects. The production planner will also coordinate production schedules to meet customer requirements.
• Plan the production activities considering the execution capacity and the delivery dates indicated on the orders;
• Perform proper inventory management to estimate the material required for production (parts, fixtures, documentation, tools, etc.);
• Proactively monitor production trends to identify any potential delays and provide support to deliver requests on time;
• Draft and communicate to the supervisors of the production and services department the necessary documentation for the accomplishment of the activities (work orders and production schedules)
• Follow up with various departments to ensure deadlines are met;
• Possess a College Diploma in automated production engineering or a Bacherlor degree in Operations Management or other training combined with relevant experience will also be considered;
• Have at least 5 years of experience in a similar position and in the manufacturing industry;
• Ability to work with a planning module in an ERP environment;
• Mastery of concepts and planning tools;
• Bilingual: French and English (spoken and written).
** A ''CPIM'' certification is a highly regarded asset.