Reporting to the director of production, the quality control manager’s main responsibility is to manage day-to-day quality control activities that ensure specification compliance and the technical integrity of products are executed to the highest standards required by Leesta Industries, Customers and the aerospace industry.
Management and leadership
- Develop the objectives of its department in relation to those of the company and put in place an action plan to achieve them;
- Set up and follow the key indicators of the department;
- Lead and manage a team for first piece, final and customer delegated inspections;
- Ensure a high level of internal and external customer communication;
- Provide guidance and share best practices to the Quality control team;
- Ensure that priorities, rules and procedures are followed by the quality control team;
- Investigate, determine root cause, initiate permanent corrective action and document customer issues and escapes as they arise;
- Assess and implement the appropriate data analysis, quality methods, inspection criteria and procedures to ensure the technical integrity of our quality processes and results.
- Participate in the annual budget process by establishing the necessary means and resources of the Quality control department to achieve the established objectives;
- Manage and monitor the department budget while ensuring the achievement of objectives;
- Contribute, apply and promote human resource and labor relations strategies; including policies, procedures, training programs and skills development of department staff;
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years experience in a similar position;
- Bachelor degree in mechanical or industrial engineering;
- Strong skills in FMEA, PPAP, RCCA, 5Y and Process Management
- Deep understanding and ability to use ERP system.
- Strong working knowledge of AS9102 First Article Inspection Report requirements
- Experience with quality management systems (QMS) compliant with AS9100D
- Bilingual (English and French)
To be discussed