Under the supervision of the operations director, the production supervisor will be responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating and ensuring that all production activities are carried out according to the priorities of the schedule and delivery times
- Supervise a production team of CNC operators and machinists ;
- Ensure that the quality of manufactured parts comply with quality standards;
- Plan and coordinate the work ; distribution of work orders and assign machines, setup the CNC machines ( lathe / milling);
- Run production or the rework of high precision parts, when necessary;
- Support his team and assist in troubleshooting;
- Ensure the transfer of information between departments ( quality, methods, etc.) and employees when during shift changes;
- Participate in the performance appraisal process and collaborate in the skills development of employees under his charge;
- Collaborate in welcoming and integrating new employees;
- Ensure the management of employee’s time: confirmation of worked hours, lateness, absences, holidays etc.
- Promote and enforce health and safety rules ( policies, procedures, etc.)
- Vocational diploma in machining techniques OR college diploma in mechanical engineering OR any other combination of experience and training related to machining / manufacturing will be considered;
- Must have a minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in a similar position;
- Good knowledge of machinists duties;
- Able to setup simple and complex parts;
- Bilingual : Ability to communicate in French and english.
To be discussed. Depending on experience.